Name: User Point, Inc
VAT ID: FI06009620
Address: Mikonkatu 25 B 29, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Name: Aapo Puskala
E-mail: [email protected]
We only use data needed to generate customized calendars and to keep the site running smoothly.
- We respect your privacy.
- We never share or sell your data.
- We never collect data for any other purpose than explicitly stated above.
- We never show ads on our website or calendars.
What data do we collect
We collect and store data to be able to provide the user the services he uses, and to keep the site running properly.
Parameters about the user's account. These data are required to verify which calendars the user has access to, when his/her subscription expires and to let him modify the parameters of his calendar subscriptions.
- Email (used as a login, does not have to be a working e-mail)
- Password (in encrypted form)
- User role (administrator, regular user etc)
- User account type and its expiration date
- Payments received for this account
Parameters about the user's calendar subscriptions. These data are required to generate the requested calendar. This is the same data the user enters in the form when subscribing a calendar.
- Calendar name and language
- Location (for calendars which require a location, such as Slunce, Měsíc or Počasí). Location is defined initially by your public IP address, and can be specified by selecting a location on a map.
- Time zone (defined based on the location), needed to calculate local times for events
- Other parameters required for calendar subscription (all of these are shown in the form where calendar subscriptions are created or modified).
Debugging and maintenance data. These data are needed to monitor the system and to keep it running smoothly. This data is not sold or used for marketing. Logging is enabled only for specific troubleshooting cases, and logs are deleted after the case has been resolved. In practise logging is very seldom enabled.
- Log of downloaded calendars
- Size, file type, generation time etc statics for generated calendars
Cached data. Calendar generation may be demanding on the server, and most calendars are re-downloaded more often than needed. To reduce server load and to keep the service fast, generated calendars are stored in temporary storage (cache) instead of regenerating the content every time. The data in the cache is cleared and a new calendar file generated automatically once there is new data to display.
Cookies are tiny files, stored on the client's computer, to store data about the current use session.
- WebCalGuru. Used to keep you signed in once you've done so. Also, it is used to store information on which notifications you've seen on the website so that they won't be shown to you again.
- WebCalGuru_cookie. Used to save the user's location. This data is used on the Dnes page to show local weather and sunrise/sunset times. It is also used when subscribing to a calendar which requires a location (so that you do not need to re-specify your location every time). The location is derived from your public IP address. You may also specify a different location if you wish.
- _ga, _gat, _gid. These cookies are used by Google Analytics to store anonymized data about pageloads. No personal or identifiable data is stored.
How do we store your data?
Our data is stored in Chicago, IL, USA, in the data center hosted by SiteGround, with backups at the office of register holder in Helsinki, Finland. Data is stored for up to five years after the last time if was last accessed by the user. All user data is deleted upon request even before the one year period has passed.
Your data protection rights
WebCal.Guru is subject to GDPR and follows its requirements.
- The right to access. You have the right to access all your personal data. Almost all of these data is shown on the Účet page.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to request us to erase your personal data. This will be done upon request. If done, it will stop all personalized calendar services to you from WebCal.Guru.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request us to restrict processing of your personal data. Since our data is not sold or used for marketing, this usually means stopping our calendar services to you.
- The right to object processing. You have the right to request us to object processing of your personal data. Since our data is not sold or used for marketing, this usually means stopping our calendar services to you.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to transfer your personal data to you or a party you speficy.
Privacy policies of other websites
Updated Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:24:07 +0000.